Exercise 1: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from
1. A. zoo B. book C. too D. boots
2. A. dear B. wear C. near D. year
3. A. twice B. kite C. skip D. time
Exercise 2: Choose the odd one out
1. A. fox B. crow C. lamp D. hare
2. A. kind B. gentle C. story D. clever
3. A. ghost B. generous C. beautiful D. interesting
Exercise 3: Choose the correct answer
1. My mother is reading a book. She often _______ books in her free time
A. reads B. read C. reading D. reader
2. James is watching cartoon with his friends ______ the room.
A. at B. on C. about D. in
3. Tony is ______ with his dog in the garden.
A. play B. played C. playing D. plays
4. They play soccer in the _________.
A. bakery B. house C. bookstore D. stadium
5. The bakery is ________ the bookstore.
A. next B. on C. opposite D. stadium
6. Anna is _______ to play badminton with Tony on Sport Day
A. go B. going C. goes D. went
7. How do peacocks move? – They move _______.
A. beautifuly B. beauty C. beautifully D. beautiful
8. Elephants _________ water with their trucks.
A. can sprays B. can spraying C. can spray D. can to spray
9. Will they ______ Sport Day? – Yes, they will
A. join B. do C. practise D. take part in
Exercise 4: Give the correct form of the verbs in brackets
1. Look! The plane _______ (fly) towards the airport. It ______ (land).
2. What you _____ (do) after you get up every day? – I _____ (do) morning exercises.
3. My brother and I ______ (visit) our grandmother at the weekend.
4. Tan often _______ (play) volleyball in the autumn.
5. Let’s help mom, Lan. She ______ (clean) the floor.
Exercise 5: Make questions for the underlined parts
1. Our classmates are going to play table tennis on Sport Day.
2. I am going to swim on Sports Day
3. She is reading comic books.
Exercise 6: Correct one mistake in each of the following sentences
1. We often goes to the cinema at the weekend.
2. When will Sport Day is?
3. She is play table tennis
Exercise 7: Reorder these words to make correct sentences
1. Day/ will/ be/ weekend/ Sports/ this/ ./
2. table/ play/ Linda/ is/ tennis/ to/ going/./