Exercise 1: Choose the word that has the different main stress
- A. between B. corner C. packet D. summer
- A. popcorn B. sausage C. sandwich D. balloon
Exercise 2: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from
- A. summer B. student C. unhappy D. umbrella
- A. exciting B. interesting C. expensive D. bridge
- A. wool B. foot C. wood D. boot
- A. temple B. engine C. excite D. elbow
- A. India B. pilot C. invitation D. inventor
Exercise 3: Give the correct form of the verbs in brackets
- What you (do) last summer? – I _ (visit) Hue Imperial City
- What the weather (be) tomorrow? – It (rain) all day. I ___
(watch) weather forecast an hour ago.
- Her favorite food _ (be) pineapple juice. She usually __ (drink) a glass of
pineapple juice everyday.
Exercise 4: Choose the correct answer
- How much _ do you want, Mom?
A. oranges B. apples C. bananas D. rice
- We are going to Nha Trang __ vacation this summer.
A. on B. in C. of D. to
- Mai __ cooking some vegetables in the kitchen.
A. do B. does C. are D. is
- It’s very _ you to help me, Peter.
A. kind at B. kind C. kind of D. kind to
- What does she _ now?
A. wants to do B. want to do C. want do D. wants do
- What is he __ to do?
A. go B. goes C. going D. is going
- David often __ his camera to his picnic.
A. to bring B. bring C. brings D. bringing
- I stay at home _ my mom because she’s sick
A. on B. with C. to D. in
- I like New York __ the people are very friendly.
A. so B. and C. after D. because
- Life in the city is than life in the countryside.
A. noisier B. noisy C. noisyer D. more noisy
Exercise 5: Read the following text and choose the correct answer
Last Monday afternoon, Fred came home (1) school with a headache. He didn’t do
his homework. He (2) _ watch TV. He only wanted to go to (3) . He was
tired and his head was (4) .His mother took him some rice to eat. But he wasn’t
hungry. He only had some fruits and some fruits and some orange juice. Then he went to
sleep. What a (5) __ day.
- A. to B. from C. between D. and
- A. doesn’t B. isn’t C. don’t D. didn’t
- A. bed B. zoo C. school D. class
- A. cold B. cool C. hot D. sunny
- A. wonderful B. terrible C. happy D. great
Exercise 6: Make questions for the following answers
- My favourite subject is Maths.
- It will be hot and sunny tomorrow.
- She is going to stay with her grandparents on her summer holiday.
- Exercise 7: Rearrange the words to make meaningful sentences
- come/ Where/ ,Tony/ do/ you/ from/?/
- The/ will/ sunny/ next/ weather/ be/ week/./
- The/ cheap/ in/ Ha Long/ food/ is/ Bay/./